Halibut steaks, spinach & eggs
Member recipe by vette61
A full flavoured halibut steak with wilted spinach and softly poached eggs
- 2 halibut steaks - roughly 3/4 inch thick
- Seasoned flour (sea salt and freshly ground black pepper)
- Extra virgin oil
- Butter, as much as you like
- Spinach, as much as you like
- 1 egg per steak
- Potatoes of choice (an optional extra) but chips are great!
- Three aspects to this recipe; the fish and the 'Other Bits' (these need to be done simultaneously) and the presentation.
- The Halibut: Pre-heat the oven to 200C (fan assisted electric temp.)
- Whilst the oven is heating up; prepare seasoned flour and chop the fresh parsley and chives
- When oven has reached 200ÃÂÃÂC, cover halibut with seasoned flour, shaking off excess
- Using a heavy frying pan, add olive oil and fry steaks for 1-2 minutes a side to colour a nutty brown
- Take pan from heat and add knob of butter to each steak
- Sprinkle steaks with the chopped parsley and chives
- Put the pan in the oven for NO MORE THAN 10 minutes - a bit less is okay (Do noÂt cover the fish with anything, no foil etc) and then take out of oven, cover with foil and let it rest whilst doing the 'Other Bits'
- The 'Other Bits': Whilst the fish is resting: 1. Warm the dinner plates in the already hot oven 2. Cook the spinach, as you know it takes no more than 3 minutes and at the same time softly poach the eggs
- Presentation: Easily done but the nice bit is putting a poached egg on the spinach portion
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…