RAGU - THE ITALIAN WAY
Member recipe by kellyhaynes
Truly wonderful and easy family favourite that feels your home with a beautiful aroma.
- Olive oil
- 1 lb good quality beef mince
- 1 red onion - finely diced
- 1 garlic clove - finely diced
- 1 carrot finely - diced
- 1 celery stick - Diced
- Handful of field mushrooms - chopped
- 1 beef cube - 1/2 pint of boiling water - mixed
- handful of dried porcini mushrooms (soaked in 1 pint of boiling water for half an hour before use)
- 1 tin plum tomatoes
- 1 cup/small carton of passata
- 1 glass of red wine if you have it
- large pinch of oregano
- Salt to taste
- Good dried spaghetti
- Grated parmasan
- Heat the olive oil over a medium heat. Add the mince - cook until brown Add the onion, garlic fry for 3 minutes
- Add the carrots and celery
- Drain the Porcini Mushrooms (save your water). Dice and add to the pan along with field mushrooms
- Add the tin tomatoes and passata and oregano, leave for 2 minutes. Add the beef stock, glass of wine and half of your porcini water. Bring to the boil and simmer on a low heat for 2 hours + ( until desired consistancy) . Stiring occassionaly
- Cook pasta as packet instructions.
- Mix pasta with ragu in serving bowl- top with grated parmasan. Watch your family dig in!
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…