Black Garlic with Scallops
Member recipe by blackgarlic
This is an ideal starter for two or a pre-dinner nibble. It is also excellent as a lunch, served with a lemon vinaigrette rocket salad.
- 250g small queen scallops (these are sold in the fish counter in supermarkets)
- 50g chorizo sausage - finely diced
- 5 cloves of peeled black garlic very finely sliced
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon of freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon of freshly snipped chives
- 1 tablespoon of sherry
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Pat the scallops dry with a kitchen towel.
- Heat a large frying pan (no oil) and fry the chorizo sausage for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the scallops, sliced black garlic and stir-fry for about 4 minutes or until the scallops are cooked.
- Sprinkle the parsley and chives into the frying pan.
- Add the lemon juice and the sherry.
- Turn up the heat for one minute.
- Serve immediately with a slice of lemon to squeeze over the top.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…