Member recipe by tartinka
It's a favourite cake my mom. This cake bring to my mind September.
- For cake
- 300 g all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 yolk
- 175 g caster sugar
- 250 g butter (cooler and melted)
- 200 ml double cream
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 10 g vanilla sugar
- For filling
- 1 kg sour apples (peeled, quarted, cored)
- 175 g sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp water
- icing sugar ( to decorate)
- Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 160C/fan4. In a large bowl mix flour, caster sugar, two eggs and one yolk (leave white), melted and cooled butter, baking powder, vanilla sugar and a pinch of salt.
- In the pot simmer peleed, quarted and cored apples with water, sugar and cinnamon until it is tender.
- Grease and scatter with flour baking tin (e.g. 25 cm x 25 cm). Pour a half of dough into baking tin and bake 30 minutes.
- Spread the hot cake with egg white. Then pour warm apples on the baked cake and spoon remaining dough on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes until cake will be brown. Cool and scatter with icing powder.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…