Quick and Easy Shortbread
Member recipe by peter-jane
ServingsServes 1 - 30 Pieces
This shortbread is quick and easy to make with only 3 ingredients. plus yummy for the whole family!
- 2 cups of plain flour
- ½ cup of icing sugar
- 250g butter, hard
- Optional: Caster Sugar
- Set the oven to 150C.
- Sieve the sugar and flour together in to a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Thoroughly mix the sugar and flour together.
- Cut the butter in to squares of approximately 2cm and add to the mixing bowl.
- Rub in the butter. It should start to look like breadcrumbs.
- Continue to rub in the butter until it reaches a gooey state.
- Grease a small baking tray and line with grease paper.
- Layer the mixture in to the greased tray and put in the oven, after 5 minutes remove.
- Then use a fork to poke hole in the mixture and outline the pieces. Continue to poke holes into the mixture until it is covered in the holes.
- Put it back in the oven for 40 minutes or until it is a pale brown colour.
- Leave it to cool and then serve.
- Tip: To make it sweeter sprinkle it with caster sugar.