Quick and Easy Shortbread
Member recipe by peter-jane
ServingsServes 1 - 30 Pieces
This shortbread is quick and easy to make with only 3 ingredients. plus yummy for the whole family!
- 2 cups of plain flour
- ½ cup of icing sugar
- 250g butter, hard
- Optional: Caster Sugar
- Set the oven to 150C.
- Sieve the sugar and flour together in to a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Thoroughly mix the sugar and flour together.
- Cut the butter in to squares of approximately 2cm and add to the mixing bowl.
- Rub in the butter. It should start to look like breadcrumbs.
- Continue to rub in the butter until it reaches a gooey state.
- Grease a small baking tray and line with grease paper.
- Layer the mixture in to the greased tray and put in the oven, after 5 minutes remove.
- Then use a fork to poke hole in the mixture and outline the pieces. Continue to poke holes into the mixture until it is covered in the holes.
- Put it back in the oven for 40 minutes or until it is a pale brown colour.
- Leave it to cool and then serve.
- Tip: To make it sweeter sprinkle it with caster sugar.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…