Walnut Ricotta Chocolate Cake
Member recipe by apinchofitaly
This delicious cake combines the softness of the ricotta, with the crunchiness of the walnuts, along with the luxury of the chocolate, to create a mouth watering experience.
- (For a 18 cm Savarin mould)
- 200gr 00 grade flour
- 250gr ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 150gr caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 100gr chopped walnuts
- 70gr chopped chocolate(or chocolate chips)
- 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil (not extra virgin as it might taste too strong)
- a pinch of salt
- Beat the eggs with the sugar and the pinch of salt until foamy and white
- Add the ricotta and keep whisking
- Incorporate the flour and baking powder a little at the time until smooth.
- Using now a wooden spoon, add the walnuts, oil and chocolate, mix well.
- Grease the Savarin mould with butter, dust with flour and pour the mixture evenly into it. Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 30-40 minutes.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…