Stuffed Chicken with bacon
Member recipe by josswalden
Chicken breast stuffed with either pesto (or grated cheese) wrapped in bacon
- 2 boneless, skinless Chicken breasts
- 4 tsp Pesto (any flavour of your choice, or grated cheese)
- 2 rashes of bacon
- 2 cocktail sticks (to hold the bacon and chicken together when cooking)
- With a sharp knife cut a slit about 4-5cm across the chicken, but dont cut all the way through the chicken, only go half way down. Do this in both chicken pieces.
- Take 2 tsp of the pesto and open the slit and spoon it in. Use 2 tsp in each chicken breast. If using cheese do exactly the same but carefully stuffing the chicken with the cheese.
- Then take one of the rashes of bacon and wrap it around the chicken, where the incision is, making sure the ends of the bacon end up underneath the chicken.
- Using a cocktail stick pierce through the bacon and chicken to hold it all togther. (the filling may ooze out a little bit depending on how much you've stuffed the chicken with) Do this with the other chicken breast.
- Then put on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 20 minutes on 180-200 degrees (fan oven/electric)
- Take out and serve with any veg, mash potato or spicy cabbage.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…