Classic Vanilla Cake
Member recipe by mr-bean
ServingsServes 1 - 2 Cakes
- 8 oz self raising flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- 8 oz Margarine / Stalk
- 8 oz caster sugar
- 4 small eggs
- 100 grams clotted cream
- Harleys (no bits) Jam
- 1.Pre- heat the oven to gas mark 5 and grease the baking tins thoroughly.
- 2.Place the sugar in a bowl and mix with the margarine until it goes fluffy and gold.
- 3.Add the eggs , flour & Baking powder then mix and place evenly into the tins and bake for 35 minutes , then when ready leave to cool . ( After taking them out of the tin!!!)
- 4.When the cakes are cool ,on one of the cakes spread the cream and add the Jam on top and spread.
- 5.Now add the other cake on top and there you have it.
- 6.Eat and enjoy !!!
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…