Spicy leek and potato soup
Member recipe by mocha17000
Delicious and easy comfort food. Popular with everybody. Very good when made in advance and reheated.
- 2 Leeks, washed and chopped
- 1kg Potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 green chili, finely chopped
- 3tbsp Soya Sauce
- 2tbsp Vegetable / Olive oil
- 1 litre Vegetable Broth
- Splash of soya milk / milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Garlic Bread
- 1 long baguette, brown or white, cut in 1/2 inch slices very nearly cutting through to the bottom but not quite.
- 100g butter/margarine
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed or extremely finely chopped
- Start off by boiling potatoes until you can easily break one in half with a fork. Drain.
- In a large saucepan heat the oil over medium-high heat, and when hot add onions and saute for 3-4 mins, then add garlic and chili and saute for a further minute.
- Next add the leeks and cook for 5-6 minutes. When leeks start to go tender add the potatoes and stock.
- Bring it to the boil then reduce heat and simmer for fifteen minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Taste the soup and add soya sauce, milk and salt and pepper if desired.
- Thoroughly mix together the butter and garlic and spread it on each slice of the baguette. Cook for 15-20 minutes. When all brought together making a lovely meal!
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…