beef stir fry
Member recipe by Keithem
- * 450 g sirloin steaks
- * 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- * 2 tbsp rice wine, Chinese
- * 1 tsp chinese five spice
- * 1 pinch ground black pepper
- * 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- * 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- * 1 piece ginger, (3cm)grated
- * 100g small broccoli florets
- * 100g mangetout
- * 50 g baby sweetcorn
- * 2 medium red chillies, seeds removed, chopped
- * 100ml hot chicken stock
- * 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- * 0.5 tsp cornflour
- * 3 tbsp water
- * 250g jasmine rice, steamed, to serve
- Slice the beef into thin slivers and mix with the soy sauce, rice wine, five-spice powder and black pepper. Leave on one side to marinate for about 30 minutes
- Heat a wok over a high heat, and when hot, add the oil. Stir-fry the garlic and ginger for about 30 seconds before adding the beef and its marinade and cooking for another minute.
- Add the vegetables and chillies to the wok, and fry briskly for a further minute
- Pour in the hot chicken stock and add a splash of dark soy sauce.
- Mix the cornflour with the water and pour into the pan, while still on the heat. Stir until thickened, season to taste, and serve straight away with a mound of steamed jasmine rice.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…