Vegetarian spaghetti bolognese
Member recipe by lindawoolmer
- For the sauce
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- olive oil
- salt, pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- splash of vegetarian worcestershire sauce
- 1 large tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 large tin lentils
- Dried or fresh spaghetti
- parmesan for garnish
- Heat olive oil in frying pan and gently fry chopped onion until softened, add garlic, salt, pepper and oregano for 2-3 mins being careful not to let the garlic burn.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the pan and simmer very gently for 20 mins to thicken the sauce.
- Add the drained lentils and simmer for a further 5 mins until thoroughly heated through.
- Meanwhile boil a large saucepan of water add salt and cook the spaghetti according to the pack instructions.
- Drain the spaghetti, arrange on a plate piling a quantity of the sauce on top. Serve parmesan separately to sprinkle on top.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…