Spicy chicken Caesar wrap
Member recipe by velinap
A healthy and fast wrap to make with spiced chicken with a Mediterranean flavour, avocado, tomatoes and lettuce.
- 1 chicken breast
- 1/2 garlic clove, crushed (or garlic powder)
- dried chilli flakes
- lemon juice
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tomato
- 1 avocado
- lettuce leaves
- tortilla wraps
- Caesar salad dressing or any French salad dressing of your choice
- Cut the chicken breast in strips or small pieces. For best results, place them in a plastic bag and add all the spices so that the chicken is coated evenly in the marinate. Season with salt and pepper. Then add the garlic, paprika, oregano and dried chilli flakes, about half a teaspoonful of each (if you prefer less spicy, add less chilli). Pour in about 2-3 tablespoonfuls of olive oil and give it a good drizzle of lemon juice. Make sure the chicken is well coated and leave aside to marinade for five minutes.
- In the meanwhile, cut the tomato and avocado in small pieces. Have the tortillas and lettuce at hand so you can easily assemble the wraps once the chicken is cooked.
- Fry the chicken in a little bit more olive oil.
- Once the chicken is ready, assemble the wraps. First, heat a tortilla for 10 seconds in the microwave. Then lay the lettuce (you can shred it a bit first if you prefer), the tomato and avocado pieces and then the chicken. Top with a drizzle of Ceasar salad dressing.
- Wrap and serve!