Member recipe by magicgirl123
ServingsServes 1 - 5 Sandwiches
These tuna toasties are a warming comfort on a cold afternoon. You can even create your own variations with your own ingredients.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tins of tuna, drained
- 1 onion, red or white, chopped
- 50g grated cheese (for the variation)
- margarine (for spreading)
- 10 slices of bread, any
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and saute the onions until slightly golden.
- Break up the tuna in a bowl and stir into the onions.
- Saute the onions and tuna together for ten minutes. Make sure to stir so that the ingredients don't burn.
- Meanwhile toast the bread and spread with margarine.
- Divide the tuna mixture onto five pieces of toast and place the remaining five slices of toast on top.
- Cut in half and serve with a green salad.
- For the variation add the grated cheese at step 3 and allow to melt. Then continue the steps, this will give you tuna melts.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…