Member recipe by gmfjemh
ServingsServes 1 - 20 Bars
A quick and easy any-time favourite treat, also great for giving as presents and for allowing the children to help.
- 250g butter
- 1 heaped TBSP golden syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1.5 cups flour
- 2.5 cups porridge oats
- 1 level tsp bicarb of soda
- Preheat oven to 190C / fan 180C / gas 5. Combine sugar, oats and flour in bowl and put aside.
- Melt butter and syrup stirring gently with a wooden spoon. When bubbling add bicarb of soda - mixture will go fluffy and rise - immediately pour fluffy mixture into bowl with dry ingredients, mix thoroughly.
- Grease shallow oven tray or baking sheet while mixture is cooling. Spread mixture evenly in oven tray then flatten until firm using your hands or back of wooden spoon - should not fall out when turned upside down (children love this step!). Bake for 15 minutes on middle shelf.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool, cut into bars before cold. When cold remove from tray, place in container lined with greaseproof paper or baking parchment. Will keep for 4-6 days.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…