White Wine & Mushroom Chicken
Member recipe by conal001
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 100ml dry white wine
- 200g button mushrooms, halved or quartered if large
- 200g creme fraiche
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat 1 tbsp oil in a high sided pan. Cook the shallots and garlic over a medium heat until they have become soft but not brown.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until lightly browned.
- Add the lemon and white wine and turn up the heat. Simmer until the white wine has reduced by half.
- Turn down the heat and stir in the cream fraiche and thyme.
- Add the remaining oil to a shallow pan on a high heat. Score the chicken breasts and cook until browned on each side.
- Transfer chicken to a baking tray and pour over the mushroom sauce. Cook for approximately 30mins at 200C/ fan 180C or until chicken is cooked through.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…