Chocolate Chip Cookies
Member recipe by imabadpixie
Cooking timePlus optional hour in the fridge
ServingsServes 1 - 30 Cookies
- 150g Butter - softened
- 120g light brown soft sugar
- 30g dark brown soft sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 300g Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 100g plain choc chips
- 100g milk choc chips
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 5 and line a flat baking sheet with grease proof paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together and then mix in the egg and essence.
- mix in half the flour and then the choc chips. Stir until the chocolate is mixed nicely and evenly through the mixture.
- Add in the remaining flour and baking powder until the mixture consumes all the dry ingredients.
- You can then either put dessert spoon dollops onto the baking tray and bake for 12 mins or until just browning. OR you can squash into a thin square shape on clingfilm and place in the fridge for an hour.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and cut into approx 30 peices. Roll these into balls and put onto the baking tray and into the oven for 7 mins.
- After 7 mins take out of the oven and press down each ball with the back of a spoon in the middle until slightly spread. Return to the oven for another 7 mins or until browned.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire wrack- or eat warm!!
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…