Posh Bailey's Chocolate Tart
Member recipe by imabadpixie
- 400g Shortcrust Pasty
- 250g Dark Chocolate
- 180ml Double Cream
- approx 20ml Bailey's liquor
- 20g white chocolate
- Roll out the pasty until 1cm thick and line a 23cm flan tin. Blind bake in oven at gas mark 6 for 15 mins, remove beans and then return to the oven for 10 mins or until pastry is cooked.
- Melt chocolate in microwave on high for approx 1 min 30 secs (you can also melt over boiling water) and leave to cool slightly for around 5 mintues
- Stir in the cream. Add Bailey's to taste - it usually tastes slightly stronger when cold, so you may want to bear this in mind. If mixture curdles it needs MORE cream. The mixture should be smooth and shiney.
- Pour chocolate mix into the prepared Pasty and put in fridge for 10 mins.
- Melt the white chocolate and, with a spoon drizzle this over the tart in arch and swirl movements. Return to the fridge until ready to serve (ideally around 1 or 2 hours). Do not leave in fridge too long, as pasty will then crack when cutting if too cold.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…