Member recipe by themaster1305
A gingery flavord cake which is light and stikey if left to mature for a day
- 350g Golden syrup
- 125g margarine
- 250g plain flour
- 1 heaped teaspoon of bicarbonete soda
- 4 teaspoons of ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 egg
- 1/2 pint milk (275ml)
- Oven 170c. Grease and line tin.
- Sieve flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger and mixed spice into bowl.
- In small bowl beat egg and milk together. put syrup and margarine in saucepan on low heat, melt margrine.
- Pour syrup mixture into flour. Add the milk and egg mixture bit by bit mixing thoroughley.
- Pour into the tin, put tin on baking tray, bake 30 mins. Untill centre is springy.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…