Naughty Chocolate Sundae
Member recipe by imabadpixie
ServingsServes 1 - 5 Portions
An easy or hard as-you-like sundae perfect for making your friends go 'wow' at your dinner parties!
- For the sundae
- 1 tub (900ml) Carte Dor or other Vanilla Ice Cream.
- 1 pack (150gish) dutch shortbread buscuits (M&S do these), broken.
- 2-3 slices of Chocolate Cake or Brownies chopped into bitesize chunks.
- 100g Dark chocolate, chopped.
- 15-20 fresh strawberries.
- For the Sauce
- 200g plain or milk chocolate
- 10g butter
- 100g icing sugar
- 120ml single cream
- 2tbs golden syrup
- To Make the Sauce: Melt the chocolate with the butter (you can do this in the mircowave) until there are no lumps. Remember to stir this while heating.
- Once melted, leave to cool for 5 minutes and then swirl in the cream. If mixture curdles- add more cream. Sift in the icing sugar and stir.
- When ready to use- put this mixture into a pan and add the syrup. Heat this and stir until the sauce is pourable and add to the sundae (below).
- Sundae: Put the ingredients into large wine glasses or sundae bowls, varying different layers in. Fill to the top.
- Pour the warm sauce over the top and spinkle afew biscuit crumbs on top. Serve warm.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…