Scallops & Sweet Chilli
Member recipe by donna1972
A super fast supper would do for a starter or main. And great for a dinner party
- 6 fresh scallops, roe on or off depending on personal preference
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 small bit of ginger, peeled and grated, put grated ginger into a jay cloth or muslin and squeeze out all the juice
- 1tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tsp of sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tsp of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Fresh rocket leaves to serve
- If you wish you can add the rest of the marinade to warm for drizzling over the scallops when serving.
- Mix together the garlic, ginger juice, sweet chilli sauce and coriander with the olive oil.
- Add the scallops to the sauce and leave to marinade for about 1/2 hour.
- Heat a large frying pan until hot, cook the scallops for about 2-3 mins each side depending on size of scallops. Don't be tempted to over cook as they will go all tough.
- Lift out scallops and place onto the rocket salad and drizzle the remainder to the sauce over.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…