Pasta al Pomodoro Fresco
Member recipe by lanapolitana
Simplicity simplicity simplicity and flavor all in 15 minutes. Viva Italy!
- 1/2 lb. of gemelli or favorite good quality pasta
- 1 pint of fresh grape tomatoes (wash, dry, & halved lengthwise)
- 2 large garlic cloves sliced thinly
- 10 basil leaves chopped roughly
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- salt and cracked pepper
- fresh grated pecorino cheese
- Boil the pasta in salted water according to package direction until al dente.
- In the meantime, in a large skillet, add the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the garlic slices and cook them at medium heat stirring often just until lightly golden. Next, add the cut tomatoes, salt and pepper and cook for about 5 minutes at medium high heat. Stir the sauce gently a few times. The sauce should not be soupy.
- Before removing the sauce from the heat, taste it for flavor. When the sauce is ready, add the fresh chopped basil, turn off the heat and stir one last time.
- Transfer the cooked strained pasta in the skillet, and toss gently making sure that the pasta is fully ncorporated with the sauce.
- When serving the pasta, for a delicious fragrant finishing touch, drizzle extra virgin olive oil, and add more fresh basil, fresh cracked pepper and fresh grated cheese on top of each plate.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…