Blueberry Buckle Cake
Member recipe by willowby
- For the cake
- 260g Plain Flour
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2tsp Salt
- 1 1/2tsp Ground Ginger
- 60g Butter (slightly softened)
- 160g Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup of Milk
- 2packs of Blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- For the topping
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 50g Plain Flour
- 1/2tsp Mixed Spice OR Ground Ginger (nutmeg also works well)
- 50g Butter chilled and cubed
- Preheat oven to 375(f) 190(c) fan oven.
- Spray a 9 inch sq glass baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a mixing bowl combine Flour, Baking Powder, Salt and Ground Ginger.
- In a new mixing bowl beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy approx 2 minutes with an electric mixer.
- Add Egg and beat until well mixed. Add 1/3 of flour mix and beat on low speed then add 1/3 of milk and mix, repeat alternatively until all mixture and milk is combined.
- Stir in Blueberries and pour into prepared dish.
- For the Topping: Put the Sugar, flour, spice and butter into a new bowl and work in with your hands until the mix is a smooth crumble texture.
- Spinkle on the top of your cake mixture and bake for approx 35-45 minutes OR until golden brown and a fork comes out of the mixture cleanly.
- Serve hot or cold with cream or custard.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…