goeey chocolate cake !!
Member recipe by rosieiscoolforever
ServingsServes 1 - 10 Slices
- for the cake;
- 300g dark chocolate broken up
- 175g unsalted butter cubed
- 8 eggs , separated
- 200g soft light brown sugar
- 60g griund almonds
- for topping ;
- 125g plain chocolate melted
- 125g milk chocolate melted
- chocolate dipped strawberries
- preheat the oven to 180 c / 350 f / gas mark 4. Grease a 20cm tin round tin.
- For the cake melt the chocolate and butter in a large heat proof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Remove from heat and alow to cool.
- In a separate bowl using a hand held whisk mix the egg yolks and sugar untill thick and pale. Stir in the cooled chocolate and butter mixture, then stir in the ground almonds.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg whites untill stiff, then fold them into the chocolate mixture. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin.Place the tin in a roasting tin half full of boiling water.
- Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour 15 minutesor untill cake is firm.Remove the cake from the oven and leave to cool in the tin , then turn out the cake from the tin and transfer to a cooling rack.
- For the topping, drizzle the melted plain and milk chocolates decoratively over the cake aslo decorate with the chocolate dipped strawberries.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…