chocolate fondant pudding
Member recipe by rosieiscoolforever
- 200g dark belguim chocolate
- 60g plain flour
- 200g butter (cubed)
- 110g golden caster sugar
- 4 large eggs and 4 large egg yolks
- 2tbsps brandy
- 2tsps vanilla extract
- single / double /whipping / ice cream to serve
- preheat the oven to 200 degrees/ 400 f / gas mark 6. Break the chocolate into a bowl and add the brandy and butter. Heat over a pan of simmering water to melt slowly.
- once melted, remove from the heat and stir untill smooth. Place the eggs , yolks , vanilla extract and sugar in a bowl and whisk using a hand held eletronic whisk. Whisk the mixture untill it has thickened and has a mousse texture and doubled in volume.
- Pour the melted chocolate and fold into the mixture. Sift the flour into the bowl and then carefully fold all the ingredients together. It will take a few minutes to be mixed throughly. Spoon the mixture into 6 heat resistant ramekins and place on baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes , or untill the pudding has risen and firm to touch (the centre of the pudding should still be melted).
- Leave to stand for 2 minutes and then turn out the pudding upside down into individual plates. Serve straight away with cream.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…