Almond violet dessert
Member recipe by campodifragole
ServingsServes 1 - 10 Glasses
- 85g peeled almonds
- 900ml milk
- 25g rice flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 4 spoonfuls of sugar
- 3-4 drops almond extract or 5 bitter almonds
- crystallized violets or lavander to decorate.
- Ground the almond to form a paste like consistency. If you don't use almond extract at this point add the bitter almonds too. Bring to boil 225 ml of milk and add to almond paste. Leave to infuse.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl mix 4 spoons of milk together with the rice flour.
- Bring to boil the rest of the milk, add the rice flour mixture stirring continuously. Continue cooking this mixture for about 10 minute. Stirring from time to time.
- Pass the almond milk mixture through a fine sieve, pressing the almonds with the back of a spoon against the sieve to extract all the flavour. Combine this milk with the rest and continue cooking for a further 10 minutes. Add the almond extract and decorate with crystalized violet petals, dried lavander flowers or pistachios.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…