Cherry Mahlepi muffins
Member recipe by mariannaf
The mahlepi is the real magical ingredient in these cherry muffins.
- 100gr butter, softened
- 100gr brown sugar + some for sprinkling at the end
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon rosewater
- 130gr flour
- 1.5 teaspoons ground mahlepi
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Cherries, unpitted, diced
- Preheat oven to 180C. In a bowl, mix the eggs, butter, sugar, vanilla and rosewater. Then add the flour, mahlepi, baking powder and salt. Mix well until batter is smooth.
- Add the diced cherries and mix the batter gently with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Fill up muffin moulds up 3/4 full, sprinkle some brown sugar on top and bake for 20 minutes at 180C. Once baked, let cool and enjoy
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…