Phoebe's Pasta Bake
Member recipe by phoebe_x
A pasta bake, using bechamel sauce, with brocolli, sweetcorn, chicken and bacon.
- 120g penne pasta
- 100g sliced cooked chicken
- 50g sliced cooked bacon
- 15g plain flour
- 20g margarine
- 250ml semi skimmed milk
- 25g sweetcorn
- 25g brocolli
- 80g cheddar cheese
- Get all ingredients and equipment ready.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees, gas mark 6.
- Fill a saucepan with water, add the pasta and brocolli to it, then boil it.
- In another saucepan, melt the butter on a medium heat, then add the flour.
- Stir well with a wooden spoon.
- Gradually add the milk to the butter and flour mixture, constantly stirring.
- Once the sauce is smooth, rich and has no lumps, add 40g of the cheese and stir til melted.
- Turn the heat off.
- Put the pasta, brocolli, and sauce into a bowl, and mix together. Then put into an ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and bake for 15 - 20 minutes.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…