chocolate pecan fudge cake
Member recipe by millie100
ServingsServes 1 - 1 Cake
- For the sponge:
- 350g self raising flour
- 100g cocoa powder
- 4tsp baking powder
- 350g unsalted butter
- 350g caster sugar
- 8 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla essance.
- For the Filling:
- 300ml double cream/ whipped cream
- 125g pecan nuts/walnuts
- a layer of chocolate spread ( nutella)
- For the icing:
- 300g plain dark chocolate
- 50g unsalted butter
- 60ml milk
- 225g icing sugar
- To decorate:
- grated white chocolate
- grease 3 tins, sift flour, cocoa, baking powder in a bowl. add butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Beat for 2 mins till smooth and paler colour. Divide the mixture into tins and bake at 180 celcius for 25 min roughly ( until risen) then leave to cool
- for filling whip cream, of use squirty cream. roughly chop the nuts. Place one cake and spread with quater of cream and some nutella. scatter with half the nuts, and then spread with another quater of cream and place the second cake on top. cover this cake the same, and then place 3rd cake ontop.
- for icing break chocolate and place in saucepan with butter and milk and heat gently til melted, remove from heat and beat in icing sugar. Leave to cool then spread over top of cake.
- scatter grated white chocolate ontop and decorate with strawberrys ( optional)
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…