Member recipe by stephaniecave
This is a cheat's version, fabulously flavoursome, extremely easy and quick and very low in fat!
- 230g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree
- 2-3 cm piece grated root ginger
- 2 or 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1-2 green chillis, deseeded (or leave them in if you like it hot!)
- 200ml chicken stock
- 15g ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 200g pack of cooked chicken tikka fillets (i use tesco)
- 1 tbsp reduced fat butter
- 1 tsp garam masala
- bunch fresh coriander
- Place chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, ginger, garlic, chillis, chicken stock in a saucepan and simmer fairly briskly, uncovered, for about 10 minutes, until the sauce has thickened and reduced.
- Stir in the ground almonds, sugar and chicken pieces, heating through gently for about 7 minutes.
- Stir in the butter, garam masala and coriander. Serve straightaway, with some plain boiled rice or a naan bread.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…