Member recipe by kappelmc
A classic dessert with the perfect hint of cinnamon and a brown sugar crumble. Prepare it in the evening for a warm dessert and eat the cold leftovers for breakfast.
- 5 or 6 apples
- 50 ml water
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 75 ml butter or margerine
- 200 ml brown sugar
- 175 ml flour
- Extra butter for baking dish
- Peel and slice the apples into chunks. Place into a buttered casserole dish.
- Drizzle with water and sprinkle with cinnamon and salt.
- Rub the butter, brown sugar and flour together with your hands until it looks like fine crumbs. Crumble evenly over the apples.
- Bake at 200C/fan 180 C/gas 6 for 45 minutes or until the apples are tender.