Member recipe by sweetunique
- 2 Eggs
- 4 tablespoons Milk
- 2 tablespoons Vanilla
- 2 large slices Bread (cut in half)
- 1 oz butter, plus a drop flavourless oil, for frying
- 1/4 cup Suga
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Beat the eggs with the milk and vanilla in a wide shallow bowl.
- Soak the bread halves in the eggy mixture for 5 minutes a side.
- Heat the butter and oil in a frying pan/skillet, fry the egg-soaked bread until golden and scorched in parts on both sides.
- Put the sugar and cinnamon onto a plate and then dredge the cooked bread until coated like a sugared doughnut.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…