Cheap Easy cheesy Potato Bake
Member recipe by hpemblybum
A little like the cheesy Swiss bake, but for those on a budget! Great comfort food as well. This dish can be enjoyed as a full meal for two or a side dish for 4. Enjoy!
- 2 Pieces of Garlic, Crushed or chopped
- 1/2 a Red Onion (if you like onions you can put a whole one in)
- 3-4 Resonably Sized Potatoes
- 4 Pieces of Bacon, chopped
- 1/3 of a Tub of Soft Cheese
- 5 Average Sized Mushrooms
- Grated Cheese (have as much or as little as you like)
- 2 handfulls of spinach
- If eating as a full dish you could also have some vegetables like broccilli, cauliflower, greens and/or peas as a side. Cook them in the same saucepan as you mixed everything in to get all the flavours.
- Preheat the oven to 200c/fan 180c, Chop the potatoes into small squares and boil for about 10 mins. Drain and then leave.
- While the potatoes are boiling chop the bacon, onion, mushrooms and Garlic. Start to fry the onions and when they have gone a little soft add the rest.
- Once everything is cooked in the frying pan, add the soft cheese and stir until everything is coated. Pour the mixture into the potatoes and stir so it covers everything.
- Pour into an oven proof dish and sprinkle some paprika and a third of the cheese, then stir again. Once everything is coated cover with foil and bake for 25 mins.
- After the 25 mins remove the foil and put the rest of the cheese on top of the bake and put back in the oven for about 20 mins until the cheese has gone a nice golden brown.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…