Member recipe by merimouse
A very cheesy and easy to make family dish, with in-your-cupboard ingredients.
- Olive oil
- 500g penne (or macaroni)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 tsp hot English mustard
- 1/4 tsp hot paprika
- Approx. 400 ml milk
- Plenty of cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta in some water with a touch of oil.
- Whilst the pasta is cooking, make the cheese sauce. First melt the butter in a small saucepan. Then take off the heat and add flour, mustard, paprika and salt and pepper. Stir with a metal spoon and put back on the heat.
- Turn the heat up and stirring constantly, gradually add the milk to the flour mixture and take off the heat once boiling.
- Add a few handfuls of cheese. Keep tasting the sauce to know how much to add. Put back on a gentle heat.
- Strain the pasta and add the cheese. Mix well and put into a casserole dish. Put the remaining cheese on top. Grill til brown and serve with more seasoning if required.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…