Chicken & Pesto lasagne
Member recipe by laurabow
- 1 pack skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 pack lardons, or streaky bacon
- 1 pack lasagne sheets (any colour)
- 1 Jar Green pesto
- 2 tubs ricotta cheese (For topping)
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 2-3 Courgettes, cut lengthways into thin slices
- 1-2 bunches asparagus spears
- 1 large bag of spinach, washed
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 1 handful fresh basil, chopped
- N.B- If ricotta is unavailable, use a basic cheese sauce as the topping and use a good melting cheese to finish it off like mozarella.
- For the salad:
- Mixed leaves (strong flavoured)
- Artichokes (from a jar)
- Green Olives
- Roasted red peppers (from a jar)
- Cherry tomatoes
- olive oil & lemon juice to dress
- Toasted ciabatta rubbed with garlic to serve.
- This dish is also delicious as a vegetarian lasagne, just leave out the meat!
- Slice the chicken thighs into thin strips, removing any sinew or fat. Slice the lardons or bacon into chunks. Heat a frying pan with a little oil and fry the chicken and bacon until cooked through. Set aside in a dish to cool.
- In the pan, add a little more oil and sautee the chopped onion. Add the garlic and cook for another min. Add the cooked chicken and bacon, the jar of pesto, the white wine and a little water. Add the spinach and wilt. Season with salt and plenty of black pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 170C/Gas 5. Using a large lasagne dish begin to assemble. Pour a layer of the chicken pesto mixture on the bottom. Add a layer of lasagne sheets. Add a layer of courgette strips and asparagus spears. Repeat the process until the dish is full. Cover with foil and bake in the middle of the heated oven for 35 mins.
- To prepare the topping mix the ricotta cheese with chopped basil, salt & pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice. Remove the lasagne from the oven, peel off the foil lid & discard. Spread the ricotta cheese mixture on the top. Sprinkle liberally with grated parmesan.
- Bake for a further 10 minutes uncovered until bubbling. Serve with the antipasti salad and toasted ciabatta rubbed with garlic and sprinkled with olive oil.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…