Halloumi & Lentil Pasta Salad
Member recipe by janerollinson
A flavoursome mix of pasta, vegetables, lentils & cheese, and plenty of fresh herbs.
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 150g puy lentils, washed
- 500ml veg stock
- 500g short pasta, such as penne or rigatoni
- 100g frozen peas
- 100g halloumi, cut into thin strips
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 bunch each of fresh parsley, tarragon and sage, chopped
- Fry the carrots, garlic and shallots in the oil until soft.
- Add the lentils and stock, and cook gently for 45 minutes, until the lentils are cooked.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta as per packet instructions, drain and refresh.
- Cook the peas in boiling salted water for 1 minute, then drain and add to the pasta, and mix in the lentils.
- In a frying pan, quickly fry the halloumi until brown on each side.
- Place the pasta in a bowl, add the halloumi, balsamic vinegar and the chopped herbs.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…