Spinach with cottage cheese
Member recipe by aazmeen
An easy recipe for an extremely popular and delicious, rich in iron, Indian vegetarian main course dish !
- 6 bunches, spinach leaves
- 2 onions, chopped and sauted (to look transluscent)
- 6 green chillies
- 1 bunch coriander leaves
- 150 gms Paneer, cubed (cottage cheese)
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 pinch, soda bi-carb (optional)
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Oil / Ghee
- 1 dessert-spoon Butter (optional)
- Cut off the stems from the Spinach leaves and wash the leaves carefully. Blanch them in a pot of boiling water for about 10 minutes, adding a pinch a soda-bicarb to ensure that the colour of the spinach doesn't run. Drain the water and cool the spinach.
- In a blender, puree the sauted onions, spinach, coriander, chillies and cumin seeds, with a little water, till it is smooth.
- In a pan / skillet, heat some oil / ghee, and lightly fry the paneer cubes. Remove the goldenish paneer cubes from the pan and keep aside.
- In the skillet, add the pureed spinach on a medium flame adding about a cup of water (if you want it of a thinner consistency). Add salt to taste and let it remain on the fire, till little bubbles start to appear. Add a tablespoon of butter, for a delicious taste.
- Now add the paneer to the Spinach.
- Serve hot with Parathas / Naan / Chapatis / Rotis.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…