Vanilla Apple Sponge
Member recipe by janerollinson
This is a nice sponge with custard or cream, or as a cake with a cuppa.
- 250g sugar
- 250g unsalted butter
- 250g self-raising flour
- 1 vanilla pod, split and deseeded (save the seeds)
- 4 eggs
- 4 Bramley apples, peeled, cored and cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- a quarter of a tsp of ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180C/fan 160C/Gas 4.
- Grease a 30cm springform round cake tin, and line with greaseproof paper.
- Whisk the sugar and butter together until the mixture turns pale.
- Fold in the flour and the vanilla seeds.
- Mix in the eggs until you get a batter, then pour into the cake tin.
- Place the apple wedges halfway into the batter, sprinkle with the sugar and cinnamon and bake for 35-40 mins.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…