Easy Egg Fried Rice
Member recipe by bethyb63
This is easy and perfect every time. It goes well with a normal chinese cuisine but also with a normal chicken breast as a side dish.
- 400g Basmati Rice
- 4 Spring onions
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Veg Oil
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 3 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Salt
- Fill a pan up with water and bring to the boil. Whilst doing that, rince the rice over some cold water untill the water has boiled. When boiled add the rice to the water and turn the heat down to medium. Stir.
- Cook for around 10 minutes so the rice is still hard and keeps it shape. Drain away water and leave to stand for about 5 minutes.
- In a wok heat up the veg oil and add the whites of the spring onions and the garlic. Fry for 1 minute or untill golden.
- Add the eggs and as cooking break up into small pieces.
- Add rice and stir. Add sesame oil, soy sauce and salt and mix. Taste, add more salt if neccessary.
- Add the green of the spring onions, stir.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…