Member recipe by eloisebutler
For an impressive dessert that works all the time. Excellent for Summer BBQ's.
- 4 egg whites
- 250g (8oz) caster sugar 1 cup
- 1 ½ tsp cornflour
- 1 ½ tsp white wine vinegar (it also works with ordinary malt vinegar)
- For topping:
- 1 carton double or whipping cream
- Fresh fruit (whatever is in season)
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and draw an outline of a circle-approx 25cm in diameter.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff then add sugar 1 tsp as a time whisking constantly.
- Blend cornflour and vinegar and whisk into the egg white mixture.
- Spread mixture onto baking tray, create a slightly higher border to the pavlova as it will be easier to pile on the topping.
- Place in oven and reduce heat to 150°C. Bake for 1 hours or until firm to touch.
- Turn off oven and leave inside for another hour with the door slightly ajar. Do not worry if there are cracks-most of these will be covered by the topping.
- Remove paper and transfer to serving plate. When cool, whip cream to soft peaks. Place on top of base and add fruit.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…