Gourmet Salmon Cakes
Member recipe by campodifragole
ServingsServes 1 - 8 Cakes
These cakes are perfect for a beach day but nobody denies that we can't enjoy them wherever we want. This recipe is a winner, many times I have prepared fishcakes with very good results but these ones are just delicious!
- 400 gr fresh salmon
- 1/2 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 150 gr breadcrumbs +100 gr for coating the fishcakes
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper or peperoncino
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- Steam the salmon or cook it for about 3 minutes in the microwave.
- In a bowl, combine the fish broken into pieces with a fork, the chopped pepper and shallot, zest and lemon juice, mayo, breadcrumbs, egg, cayenne pepper, salt and freshly chopped coriander. Mix all together, cover and cool in th efridge for 30 minutes or if you are in hurry for 15 minutes in the freezer.
- Place the rest of the breadcrumbs in a plate and take a spoonful of mixture and coat them on both sides. Fry gently until golden.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…