Chicken and mushroom rice
Member recipe by jdeclerc
Delicious dish of chicken with classic mushroom rice. Based on the recipe 'Mushroom and brown basmati pilaf' by Olive Magazine Weightwatchers points : 6
- 2 chicken breasts (each 160 gr raw)
- 600 ml chicken stock
- 120 gr dried basmati rice
- 500 gr chestnut mushrooms
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- few basil leaves
- few flat parsley leaves
- few chives
- Fry the chopped red onion with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Once the onion is glazed add the sliced mushrooms.
- When mushrooms are soft add the uncooked rice and the chicken stock. Season with the chopped basil and parsley leaves. Leave to simmer until all stock is reduced.
- While the rice is left to reduce fry the chicken breasts. Season with paprika and curry powder.
- Once the rice is reduced and the chicken breasts are cooked, add some chopped chives to the rice.
- Ready to serve.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…