Cheesy Sauce with pasta
Member recipe by xlivyx
- Cheese Sauce:
- 1-2 tsp of corn flour / plain white flour and butter
- 1/2 tsp of olive oil
- 2 tsp of homemade pesto
- a good glug of milk
- a biggish hunk of cheddar cheese
- 6-10 twists of black pepper
- Homemade Pesto:
- lots of fresh basil
- 1-2 tbsp of olive oil
- garlic granules
- Make your pesto by putting all the ingrediants in to a food prossesor until blitzed into a paste, don't add to much olive oil otherwise the mixture will be too runny and oily and will make the sauce too fatty. Put the pesto into the fridge to make sure that the flavours infuse. Now put yor pasta on to boil
- Put your flour and butter into a small saucepan (Use a small hand whisk throughout the making the sauce to make it smooth) and let it turn into a yellow paste but DON'T let the paste burn.
- Then add a small amount of milk and stir, then a bit of grated cheese, add small amounts of things so that the sauce does not go lumpy.
- Keep stirring the pasta so that it doesnt stick to the bottom of the pan and add your pesto and black pepper to the sauce and keep stirring frequently so that it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Drain the pasta and put it back into its pan which it was cooking in, stir in the cheese sauce and serve.
- Serving suggestion: Serve with garlic bread
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…