Carrot and Red Onion Soup
Member recipe by Aaron Goodall
A sweet, fresh and thick soup perfect for lunch or a starter any time of the year.
- 600g Carrots chopped
- 140g Red lentils
- 1L Vegetable stock
- 1 Large red onion, sliced
- 1 Tomato, skinned and chopped
- 3 Cloves of garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- 1 tsp Herbs de provence
- Pinch of salt
- A good grind of black pepper
- Briefly sort through the lentils, removing any odd ones.
- Place all the ingredients into a large sauce pan, that has a lid, bring to the boil on the hob and allow it to boil for 10 minutes with the lid on. Stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to the minimum and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the lentils are thoroughly cooked and the liquid is cloudy.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool with the lid off for around 10 minutes to prevent any splashes from burning you.
- Blend the mixture in the pan with a hand blender or in batches in a jug blender.
- Serve with another grind of pepper on top and some warmed crusty bread.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…