Cabbage soup portuguese style
Member recipe by alessandra75
Warm yourself, from the inside out, with this cabbage and chorizo hot soup!
- 450g of savoy cabbage, sliced
- 500g of potatoes, diced
- 380g of vegetable stock
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 piece of spicy chorizo, sliced
- olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat some oil in a heavy-base pan. Add the onion and the garlic and cook until they begin to soften and turn light golden.
- Add the potatoes and cook for 2 minutes, stirring, then add the stock. Bring to the boil and cook covered for 15 minutes or until tender. Mash the potatoes.
- Add the sliced cabbage and cook for further 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan and cook the chorizo until crispy.
- Pour the "caldo verde" (green soup) into individual cups and scatter over the top some chorizo crispy slices.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…