Member recipe by dawnyhow
Lovely and refreshing ice-cream - great for Mexican themed dinner parties as it refreshes the palate!
- 400ml can of coconut cream
- 300ml single cream
- 250ml milk
- 1 vanilla pod
- 6 egg yolks
- 165g caster sugar
- 60g desiccated coconut
- Combine the coconut cream, cream and milk in a small saucepan. Split vanilla pod in half lengthways; scrape seeds into the pan then place pod in pan. Bring the cream mixture to a boil; strain into a large jug (heatproof), discard the vanilla pod.
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar until just combined; gradually whisk in the hot cream mixture. Strain into a large jug.
- Return mixture to same pan; stir over a low heat, without boiling, until it is thickened slightly; stir in the coconut. Pour into a baking tin, cover and freeze until almost set.
- Chop the ice-cream roughly, beat in a large bowl with electric mixer until smooth. Pour into loaf tin, cover and then freeze until firm.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…