Member recipe by littlemisshappy145
ServingsServes 1 - 20 Cookies
This recipe is featured in the August 2008 issue of GoodFood as a reader recipe and is great fun for kids to make!
- 350g/12oz plain flour
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1tsp baking powder
- 250g/9oz butter softened
- 300g/ 10oz caster sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 X 40g boxes Smarties
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
- Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda,baking powder and a pinch of salt into a mixing bowl, then set a side.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, then beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in the sifted dry ingredients to form a stiff dough.
- Roll the fough into 20 balls, then place on ungreased baking drays, spaced well apart.(WARNING: THE COOKIES WILL EXPAND LOTS, DO NOT PUT CLOSE TOGETHER!!! )
- Press several Smarties into each ball, flattening the ball slightly.
- Bake for 15 minutes until pale golden brown.
- Leave on trays 2 minutes and remove to cooling racks to cool completely.
- Will keep in an airtight tin for up to 5 days
- NUTRITION: PER COOKIE : 253 kcalorices, protein 3g, carbohydrate 35g, fat 12g, saturated fat 7g, fibre 1g, sugar 22g, salt o.47g.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…