Chinese noodles with prawns
Member recipe by taragunning
- 200 g peeled prawns
- 100 g baby corn cobs
- 150 g cabbage
- 2 spring onions
- Half of mild red chilli
- 100 g fine or medium egg noodles
- 3 tsp of plum sauce
- 2 tsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp veggie oil
- Mix the plum sauce with the rice vinegar and soy sauce in small bowl.
- Tip the prawns into a colander to drain off any excess water. Cut each baby corn in half. Thinly slice the cabbage. Trim the ends fro the spring onion and slice diagonally into chunky pieces. Cut the chilli in half lengthways and throw away the core and seeds. Finely chop the chilli.
- Boil a kettle. Pour plenty of the freshly boiled water into a medium-sized saucepan and bring back to the boil. Add the noodles and cook for 3 minutes. Drain through a colander and return to the saucepan.
- Heat the oil a large frying pan for 1 minute. Add the spring onions and chilli and fry for 1 minute, stirring with a wooden spoon. Add the cabbage and the corn and fry for a further 2-3 minutes until the vegtables are softened.
- Tip noodled, prawns and sauce into the pan and cook, stirring gently, over a gentle heat until the ingredients are mixed together and hot. Serve immediately.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…