Beef Escolopes Italian Style
Member recipe by guarda
- Approx 226g (8 oz) frying steak
- 2 eggs
- garlic powder
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 cup parmesan
- Olive oil
- 1 lemon
- Cover your steak with cling film and batter it untill you have as thin a layer as you can manage
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and mix in 1 teaspoon garlic powder and pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Mix breadcrumbs with parmesan and place in seperate bowl
- Heat olive oil in frying pan over medium heat. test with bread to see if oil bubbling when bread put in.
- Place steak in egg mix and cover all over
- Take steak out and cover in breadcrumb/parmesan mix
- Place carefully in frying pan. It should only take 2 mins or so either side or untill nicely browned. Ensure oil is neither to hot or to cold
- Take out of pan and leave to drain on kitchen paper
- Whilst still warm squeeze a little lemon juice over the steak
- Leave to cool and eat at room temperature. Ideal for buffets cut into strips or as a lunch with salad.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…