Tomato and Mozarella Sandwich
Member recipe by sameer.a.bhat
- 4 slices Italian bread
- 1 garlic clove, cut in half
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 lg. tomato slices
- 4 tsp. shredded fresh basil or 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 4 (1/2 oz.) slices mozzarella cheese
- Preheat broiler. Toast bread under broiler for 30-60 seconds, or toast in toaster. Rub top sides of each slice with cut garlic. Brush each slice with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- Place a slice of tomato on each piece of garlic toast. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon basil over each slice of tomato and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar over each sandwich.
- Top each sandwich with a slice of mozzarella cheese. Set 4-6 inches from heat and broil until cheese melts, 1-2 minutes.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…