Spicy butternut squash soup
Member recipe by antonellafood
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- sprig of rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1/2 medium chilli
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 celery sticks
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- pinch cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- pinch smoked paprika
- 2 pints veg/chicken stock
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and add garlic, chilli, paprika, bay, rosemary and cumin seeds and heat for 30seconds (do not colour, you only want to release the flavours).
- Add all the remaining ingredients apart from the stock.
- Saute the vegetables for 2 minutes until they are fully coated in the spices.
- Add the stock, turn down the heat and allow the soup to simmer for about 45 mins.
- Allow the soup to cool and then blend with a hand whisk, until free of lumps. If the soup is too thick add a little more stock until you have the desired consistancy.
- Reheat when ready to serve and eat with a big hunk of crusty bread, delicious!
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…